Article by Bryan Howard
December 8, 2018
On Friday night, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders released a statement about the Special Councils criminal filing of Paul Manafort. Sanders stated that the filing has nothing to do with President Trump, and the media is creating a story where there isn’t one.
Mueller claimed Manafort lied about these issues,
- Manafort’s interactions with Kilimnik
- Kilimnik’s participation in the alleged obstruction of justice
- A wire transfer of $125,000 to a firm that was working for Manafort
- Information pertinent to another, unnamed, Department of Justice investigation
- Contact with Trump administration
As anyone can tell not a single issue Mueller is charging Manafort with has anything to do with the Trump Russia Collusion they keep claiming happened.
Sarah Sanders statement,
The government’s filing in Mr. Manafort’s case says absolutely nothing about the President. It says even less about collusion and is devoted almost entirely to lobbying-related issues. Once again the media is trying to create a story where there isn’t one.
The Paul Manafort plea ended up being a huge dud for the Mueller investigation into Trump/Russia collusion.