Article by Bryan Howard
July 12, 2018
Texas Senator Ted Cruz has been losing the battle of donations to his campaign. Challenger for Senate seat is Democrat Beto O’Rourke who has raised $10.4 million in his second quarter. This means he has out raised Ted Cruz in the second quarter by over double.
This was supposed to be a walk away victory for Ted Cruz, but due to the massive donations Beto has received this is closer than it should be. Recently Ted started pulling away in pulls moving from a 5-point lead to a 9-point lead while receiving with less founding.
Ted Cruz is a great Senator of Texas who is a strong Constitutionalist, who has done positive things for the state. However, Beto O’Rourke is a progressive and has backed the abolishment of ICE. So, it is crucial Texans go out and vote for Ted Cruz in the November election, or else you risk Texas turning into Illinois, bankrupt and ran with awful progressive policies.
How Ted Cruz has helped protect Texas values:
“Since Ted Cruz was elected to the U.S. Senate, he has done everything he said he’d do for Texans, and more.”
- Fought to take away taxpayer dollars from Planned Parenthood.
- Led the way to preserve the words “under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance at the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Successfully defended the words “under God” in the Texas Pledge of Allegiance and Texas schools’ moment of silence law in federal district court.
- Successfully defended the constitutionality of the Texas Ten Commandments monument, winning a 5-4 landmark decision before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Defended Texas’s marriage laws when a state court attempted to recognize a Vermont civil union.
- Successfully defended Texas’s Rider 8, which prohibits state funds for groups that provide abortions.
- Galvanized national support for Houston pastors who had been subpoenaed by the City of Houston and forced to turn in their sermons.
- Supported students’ right to display banners containing religious content at school sporting events.
- Led the charge on behalf of 13 states to successfully defend a federal law that bans partial birth abortion before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Advocated for an investigation into abortion practices in the U.S. to prevent the atrocities witnessed in Kermit Gosnell’s facility from ever happening again.
- Joined 18 states in successfully defending the New Hampshire parental-notification law before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Authored legislation and a constitutional amendment in the Senate to prevent federal courts from further interfering with any state’s authority to define marriage.
- Introduced legislation to protect the right of states to define marriage, without intrusion by unelected federal judges.
- Introduced measures in Congress to protect service members’ right to worship.
Here is a link to Ted Cruz campaign page if you wish to learn more or donate.